Curiosity Over Pride (FYI: To comment, send an e-mail to scifidink@gmail.com)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Most Fabulous Objects In The World
- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Universe trilogy
- Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Flight of the Conchords
- Time Bandits
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(183)
-
▼
May
(70)
- Sol Invictus
- Mercy
- Still paying for his/our sins...
- OK, my first short health care thoughts
- Is it any wonder our economy is a mess?
- Bubble bubble toil and trouble...
- Blame the heterosexuals...
- Strategic dilemmas
- Another one bites the dust...
- Why JS Mill Matters
- Externality quote of the day...
- Yuck
- Plugging oil leaks, Russian style
- Are we "the mark"?
- Get those Guillotines ready!
- Along the quest to find the BEC in my head...
- It's bad enough that Rush Limbaugh is our distant ...
- Finally!! I have been wondering this forever.
- War is fractal
- Health Care Bubble Ideas
- Do you agree?
- Why the fractal nature of health care will doom he...
- Terrific Disorder?
- Why don't we do more of this?
- No one wants to admit it but we really need more o...
- Well, we finally did it...
- Wouldn't you just love one for your backyard?
- Saying "thanks" to the Flying Spaghetti Monster...
- And crazies say immigrants are the problem?????
- Bummer, Kramer's on board. It looks like gold has ...
- How many times do we have to go throught this!!!!!
- Touche!
- The dangers of retrospective modeling...
- Social Cohesion As The Ultimate Policy Goal
- Glen Beck is an Idiot!
- She Won't Float But She'll Feed the Hungry
- Thought for the weekend
- So now I'm not such a fool after all?
- Curse those doctors!!!
- So I need to make $2,000,000/year to finally get a...
- My question for ANY of you (as I don't know the an...
- This is why they call it the dismal science
- Interesting Automatic Earth Post Today
- The more things change, the more they stay the same
- When we don't coopeate...
- Defending the undefendable
- Paul Says "No"
- Be careful what you wish for...
- What a Waste.
- Sometime I just love Tyler Cowen
- More assaults on national sovereignty ;-)
- Well worth reading
- A Nightmare on Wall Street
- Keeping things in perspective
- TED didn't come down
- A demon of our own design
- I think everyone needs to stare in awe at a 12th S...
- Can you derive Ought from Is?
- More "Have we lost our marbels?" links
- Krugman thinks Greece will withdraw from the Euro ...
- Symmetry and Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking
- Artistic Merit
- For Dr John: the problem of prediction
- Another one for Okie
- Yet another practical use for fractals
- For Budding Fractalists
- Oil Spills
- The Time Paradox
- And yet another reason I REALLLYYY hate Rush Limbaugh
- Thought of the day
-
▼
May
(70)
5 comments:
Those look cool but I have a hard time believing they could be manufactured and produced as well as distributed in such numbers as to make a real difference.You would seem to need them positioned and as diffuse in numbers as street lamps.
If DDT eradicated malaria in the states maybe the cost benefit analysis of using it compels us to really reconsider its use as this guy writes
I thought the same thing but then I remembered that I have a home HP printer sitting next to me as I type and it is not that different than this.
The Asian Tiger Mosquitoes in the DC area are something wicked when the weather gets warm.
Anything in the war against them deserves the Nobel imho.
I have also know a couple toxicologists (as I'm sure your aware, toxicology is one of Emergency Medicine's few sub-specializations) that have very similar opinions to the the writer of this DDT piece.
I've even listened to ACEP lecturers on the myths of DDT.
I can't really comment myself since I haven't read the primary data but I'll validate that this not a fringe opinion.
By the way, what happens if other creatures get in the way? That can't be good.
I know I wondered the same thing.
... Or if it accidentally hits you on the eye, etc...?
Post a Comment